I hope you all enjoyed your holiday!
Our kids were sick, but we made the best of it! Now we're getting slammed by a snow storm!
Anywho, I was at a thrift store this morning looking around and found a neat lamp. I decided to revamp it!
Everything I used came from the thrift store. I bought a lamp shade, lamp base and an old bed skirt in the color I wanted.
Grand total: $9.47 before tax
(P.S. Isn't my new iPhone case perty? Cole broke my last one.)
I started by cutting strips of the dust ruffle. I'm terrible at tutorials because I don't measure anything! I eye everything and cross my fingers that it turns out right. In this case, I cut strips long enough to go around the lamp shade 2.5 times. I just took the fabric and wrapped it around each part of the shade (since it gets smaller at the top) and cut where I estimated it to be 2.5 times around.
I then hemmed the edges, pinned the pleats (above) and sewed a straight line right down the middle of the pleats.
I then pinned the pleated fabric around the shade.
After that I used a glue gun and put a thin line under the stitching of each ruffle to glue it to the shade.
Be careful to get right on the stitching on the thick parts of the pleats so that the glue doesn't show through when you turn the lamp on.
I think it's pretty dang pretty if I say so myself. :)