Ok, not really... but I'm feeling the stress lately!
We were supposed to move to California on the 15th of January, but as you know, we're having issues obtaining a duplicate copy of the title to our second car so we can sell it. We lost the first one. (Someone can smack me for that one though!) Well, we had to postpone our move until the end of January. January 29th to be exact. My hubby overnighted the necessary paperwork to the DMV in North Carolina last week, and as I was cleaning off the kitchen counter I saw the release of lien letter from the bank. This needed to be in the paperwork hubby mailed! I almost killed him.
Who doesn't love Stewie? lol
Long story short....I contacted the DMV to see if they would hold the paperwork and we could overnight the release of lien. Of course not, they said as soon as it's opened and the person sees it doesn't have all the necessary paperwork they automatically send it back to us. We're still waiting to receive it back so we can then turn around and overnight it again. Then there is a mandatory 15 day wait until they will print the title and mail it to us (so add in some mail time too!).
We're looking at having the title the day before we move, if all goes well.
Um, that's not enough time to sell a car.
Hopefully we can find a buyer who is willing to wait for the car. I do have a woman who is interested now and said she had no problems waiting for the car and wants us to meet at her mechanics so he can check it out. Hopefully we'll do that soon and she said if it all checks out she will put a deposit down for the car. Please cross your fingers that this works out!
We really can't push the move off too much further because Trey has to report to 29 Palms no later than February 13th and we're driving from NY to CA.
Can I just say, ahhhhhh?!